By Liz Driscoll
This important little booklet highlights the genuine blunders that scholars make within the puppy examination and convey how you can keep away from them. in response to research of millions of examination scripts, every one unit pursuits a key challenge sector. transparent reasons and workouts aid scholars to take advantage of the language adequately. average checks provide scholars a different chance to examine and consolidate what they've got learnt. point: Pre-intermediate.
• in keeping with actual blunders pointed out in research of over 10,000 examination exhibiting scholars the way to stay away from the most typical mistakes.
• brief, snappy motives of usual error keep time by means of allowing scholars to target the true key challenge areas.
• contains exam-style workouts to familiarizes scholars with the fashion of routines they'll locate within the exam.
• comprises ordinary exams so scholars can consolidate studying and construct self assurance.
Read or Download Common Mistakes at PET ... and how to avoid them PDF
Similar english as a second language books
* Covers an important phrases and words wanted via pre-intermediate and intermediate-level scholars * big variety of relaxing perform actions * Revision sections after each 4 devices to envision growth * area to write down in translations of key vocabulary and words * removable solution key * American English equivalents of key vocabulary and words
Every thing you want to rating better at the TOEFL iBT—Guaranteed The TOEFL iBT checks your talents in examining, Writing, Listening, and talking. Kaplan’s TOEFL iBT with CD-ROM offers an important language talents and methods you must prevail in this attempt. The TOEFL is needed around the globe for foreign scholars who are looking to learn overseas.
A chain of six books to enhance studying comprehension abilities.
It is a smooth, speaking-centred common English direction that is helping scholars use language obviously.
Additional info for Common Mistakes at PET ... and how to avoid them
Now turn to page 96 to check your answer. 31 Unit? come up with Can the man and woman be together? What's the problem? Does the man know how to solve the problem? Is the alarm clock ringing? Is the man sleeping? 32 What is his idea? Make a sentence describing how the man found a solution to the problem. Think of another way of saying come up with. Now turn to page 88 to check your answer. Is the man still sleeping? Why do you think he looks so worried? Do you think he is late for work? Is he telling his boss that he overslept?
1 2 3 4 5 6 What happened when you hit your head on the wall? (pass out) How long were you away from work after your heart attack? (get over) How long were you unconscious? (come round/come to) What did she do when she heard the terrible news? (break down) How did you know he was frightened? (break out in) The bruise on your head looks painful. (go down) 29 Unit 7 workout I ,O b5 x 5" = I What subject do you think this boy is studying? Has he found the answer to his sum yet? Make a sentence describing what he is doing in order to find the answer.
Call off) 41 Unit 10 try on Where do you think this man is? What does he want to buy? Does the hat in picture one fit him? Does the hat in picture two fit him? Do you think he'll buy the hat in picture three? Why? Make a sentence describing what the man did in the three pictures to find a hat that fitted him. Think of another way of saying try on. Now turn to page 96 to check your answer. 9 7 5 19 8 5 l When did Paul buy this jumper? Was it in good condition then? 42 1\\ll111 I How long has he had the jumper now?